Home

Lots of useful information – Register

Header

Get our toolbar!

Lenasia, Lenasia South Important Info, Business Directory, Classifieds,Newsletters.

Like Us – and Share this useful info
to others.

Important Info. – Has important info and contact details. Which includes SAPS, Flying Squad, Ambulance, Fire Department, Local Security Companies and more….

Business Directory. – If you are a Business and wish to list your business on our website. Please Login or Register to submit your listing for free. We have a wide range of categories from accountants, food, hardware, plumbers, electricians and loads more.

Classifieds. – If you are an individual wanting to sell your used or new items. Please visit our Classifieds Page and log in to your account or register with us. (Search Classifieds | Post Classified | RegisterLogin)

Newsletters. – We usually email our newsletters. If for any reason you missed our email you can always visit our website to view our newsletters. To subscribe to our newsletters fill the subscription form on the right side of the website. “Sign up for LenasiaSouth Newsletter” we usually email out important info and updates especially for LenasiaSouth as well for the rest.

Weather – Basic Weather Forecast, Video of Weather Forecast, Weather warnings etc Default Location Johannesburg you can change the setting to any location anywhere in the world.

MembersActivityGroups – Have your say on our website. Get involved and make a difference. This is our social network or forum to bring people together. It works well to enable people with similar interests to connect, share and communicate. Let others know whats happening in your area or anywhere. Send messages to individuals or groups.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

More in the News (South Africa)

More in the News (World)

  • R. Kelly charged with 10 counts of sex abuse: official
    R. Kelly charged with 10 counts of sex abuse: official Estelle Fri, 02/22/2019 - 21:20
    Teaser Media
    File: Singer R. Kelly was criminally charged in Illinois on Friday with multiple counts of sexual abuse, local media reported.
    Paragraphs
    File: Singer R. Kelly was criminally charged in Illinois on Friday with multiple counts of sexual abuse, local media reported.

    File: Singer R. Kelly was criminally charged in Illinois on Friday with multiple counts of sexual abuse, local media reported.

    CHICAGO - R&B star R. Kelly has been charged with 10 counts of aggravated criminal sex abuse, at least some involving minors, a Cook County court official said on Friday.

    The embattled singer -- dogged for decades by sexual abuse allegations involving underage women -- has a court date scheduled for March 8 in Chicago, where he resides, the official told AFP.

    It was reported in January that Kelly was officially under criminal investigation in Georgia following the premiere of Lifetime's Surviving R. Kelly.

    READ: New tape shows R. Kelly allegedly having sex with minor, lawyer says

    Nine of the charges of the 52-year-old embattled singer concern minors ages 13 to 16.

    The bombshell development comes as the artist -- real name Robert Sylvester Kelly -- has faced renewed public scrutiny after a scathing docu-series shed new light on his checkered past.

    READ: R. Kelly's attorney denies abuse allegations in documentary

    Kelly -- known for hits like "I Believe I Can Fly" -- over the years has faced a slew of lawsuits and accusations over child pornography, sex with minors, operating a sex cult and sexual battery.

    "After 25 years of serial sexual abuse and assault of underage girls, the day of reckoning for R. Kelly has arrived," tweeted attorney Michael Avenatti, who is representing several clients linked to the American singer.

    Last week, Avenatti -- who also represents a porn star locked in a legal battle with President Donald Trump -- announced his office had uncovered previously unreleased footage of Kelly having sex with a young girl that the lawyer gave to the Cook County State's Attorney.

    It is the second time Cook County prosecutors have charged Kelly with a sex crime: after a dramatic trial that also involved a sex tape, the musician was acquitted of 21 counts of child pornography in 2008.

    Read more »
  • EFF members forcefully removed from Limpopo SOPA sitting
    EFF members forcefully removed from Limpopo SOPA sitting Janine Fri, 02/22/2019 - 20:30
    Teaser Media
    A scuffle broke out during the Limpopo State of the Province Address on Friday.
    Paragraphs

    Members of the EFF were forcefully removed from the Limpopo Provincial Address on Friday. Courtesy of #DSTV403

    LIMPOPO - A scuffle broke out during the Limpopo State of the Province Address on Friday.

    READ: ANC, EFF speak on VBS Bank 'heist'

    Members of the Economic Freedom Fighters were forcefully removed from the sitting.

    READ: Debating the land question

    EFF provincial chairperson Jossey Buthane said the public gallery erupted in song before the meeting had been concluded and party representatives called for the speaker to denounce the actions of the gallery.

    Read more »
  • Amcu threatens national mining strike
    Amcu threatens national mining strike Janine Fri, 02/22/2019 - 18:25
    Teaser Media
    WEB_PHOTO_MINING_16_06_2016
    Paragraphs

    Fifteen mining companies have received a notice from the South Africa's Association of Mineworkers and Construction Union that its members will down tools from next Thursday. Courtesy of #DSTV403

    JOHANNESBURG - Fifteen mining companies have received a notice from the South Africa's Association of Mineworkers and Construction Union (Amcu) that its members will down tools from next Thursday.

    The union has called for a sympathy strike in support of the ongoing stay-away at Sibanye-Stillwater.

    READ: Dagga investments leaving mining in the dust

    Minerals Council South Africa's Motsamai Motlhamme stated the secondary strike across the gold and mining sector would affect the national economy on a large scale.

    Motlhamme said the council two administrative requirements for the strike had been met while a third substantive requirement is now under review by the courts.

    Read more »
  • Edenvale pupils, staff receive counselling following robbery
    Edenvale pupils, staff receive counselling following robbery Janine Fri, 02/22/2019 - 17:38
    Teaser Media
    Two suspects were killed during a shootout with police while another was wounded and is under police guard in hospital.
    Paragraphs

    Over 250 pupils are undergoing counselling together with staff at the Edenvale High school after an armed robbery. Courtesy of #DSTV403

    JOHANNESBURG - Staff and pupils from Edenvale High School are receiving counselling following Thursday's armed robbery incident.

    READ: Manhunt for Edenvale school shooting suspects

    Gauteng education spokesperson Steve Mabona says schools will reopen for classes on Monday.

    Mabona says over 250 pupils are undergoing counselling together with staff at the school.

    READ: Second man arrested for Edenvale High robbery

    Officials will also be watching the situation should more people need counselling.

    Read more »
  • Myeni promises revelations at state capture inquiry
    Myeni promises revelations at state capture inquiry Vusi Fri, 02/22/2019 - 16:51
    Teaser Media
    web_photo_Dudu_Myeni_02092016
    Paragraphs

    Former SAA board chair Dudu Myeni was named by former Bosasa COO Angelo Agrizzi, during his testimony, as one of those who received bribes from the company. Courtesy #DStv403

    DURBAN - Former SAA board chair Dudu Myeni is promising to provide the Zondo Commission with evidence of corruption, looting and state capture.

    Myeni was named by former Bosasa COO Angelo Agrizzi during his testimony as one of those who received bribes from the company. 

    READ: Eskom board lays charges relating to Tegeta contracts

    Agrizzi claimed his boss Gavin Watson paid Myeni around R300,000 a month, money he hoped would be passed on to Jacob Zuma. 

    Myeni is denying she's corrupt and has threatened more will be revealed when she gives testimony at the state capture inquiry. 

    Read more »
  • DUT interdict on protests granted
    DUT interdict on protests granted Janine Fri, 02/22/2019 - 16:13
    Teaser Media
    web_photo_dut03_2703013.JPG
    Paragraphs

    The Durban Institute of Technology has been granted a court interdict, restricting protests to 150 metres away from lecture venues. Courtesy of #DSTV403

    DURBAN - The Durban Institute of Technology has been granted an interdict restricting protests on campus.

    DUT reopens on Monday after an agreement was reached with students.

    READ: DUT suspends classes at five of its campuses

    Vice Chancellor, Thandwa Mthembu says despite resolving some issues with student leaders, the interdict is there in case anything happens.

    The interdict prohibits students from protesting nearer than 150 metres from lecture venues. 

    WATCH: Hospital shares CCTV footage of wounded DUT student

    Students have been protesting for weeks over a number of issues, including funding and accommodation. 

    Read more »
  • WATCH: Eskom chair testifies in state capture inquiry
    WATCH: Eskom chair testifies in state capture inquiry Vusi Fri, 02/22/2019 - 15:07
    Teaser Media
    Paragraphs

    Eskom chairperson Jabu Mabuza testifies at the state capture inquiry

    • Editor's note: This live event has ended. You may watch a recording above.

    JOHANNESBURG - Eskom board chairperson Jabu Mabuza will be giving testimony at the state capture inquiry on Friday.

    Mabuza's testimony is expected to paint a picture of the state of Eskom when the new board took over, it's work of "cleaning up" and the current state of the power utility.

    Mabuza chairs the new board, which was appointed in 2018.

    READ: Zondo concerned about witness arrests

    Deputy Chief Justice Raymond Zondo may force some witnesses to testify on Eskom at the state capture inquiry.

    Talks over the last two days suggest he could invoke rule ten which empowers Zondo to instruct implicated persons to present their version of events.

    Zondo has received several reports and statements on alleged fraud and corruption at the power utility.

    Read more »
  • SARS swoops on Bosasa's head office
    SARS swoops on Bosasa's head office ongezwa.zibi Fri, 02/22/2019 - 14:55
    Teaser Media
    Inside the Bosasa premesis
    Paragraphs

    SARS is at BOSASA's head office in Krugersdorp, securing the premises, documents and IT equipment. Courtesy #DStv403

    KRUGERSDORP - The South African Revenue Service swooped on Bosasa's head office in Krugersdorp on Friday, securing the premises, documents and computer equipment.

    The move comes after Bosasa announced on Monday that the closure of its bank accounts had led to the decision to place the company under voluntary liquidation.

    EXCLUSIVE: SA banks ditch Bosasa

    Bosasa has been put under the spotlight following damning testimony by former Bosasa chief operations officer Angelo Agrizzi before the Zondo commission into state capture.

    Meanwhile, Acting Chief Officer of Enforcement at Sars, Viwe Mlenzana, said they are keeping a "keen eye" on the state capture inquiry.

    Mlenzana didn't want to comment specifically on the action by authorities at the Bosasa offices, but said there are various operations around South Africa underway in relation to suspected non-compliance to tax laws.

    "There are a lot of issues that have come out of the commission that are of concern to us," he said.

    Read more »
  • Gloria mine death toll rises to 18
    Gloria mine death toll rises to 18 Janine Fri, 02/22/2019 - 14:53
    Teaser Media
    File: Employees who are NUM members are striking in solidarity of 1,082 employees who have been retrenched at the mine.
    Paragraphs

    A gas explosion ripped through the Gloria Coal Mine earlier this month trapping 22 men underground. Courtesy of #DSTV403

    JOHANNESBURG - Rescue operations at the Gloria mine in Mpumalanga have once again been halted following severe smoke.

    On Friday, the rescue team managed to bring 13 bodies to the surface.

    The team has retrieved a total of 18 bodies.

    READ: At least 22 trapped underground at Gloria mine

    A gas explosion ripped through the Gloria Coal Mine earlier this month, trapping 22 men underground.

    On Sunday, the rescue operation had to be abandoned due to high levels of toxic gases.

    The mission will resume on Monday.

    Read more »
  • Nigeria's Buhari promises safety for rescheduled elections
    Nigeria's Buhari promises safety for rescheduled elections lubabalo.konzapi Fri, 02/22/2019 - 14:13
    Teaser Media
     Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari (L) speaking during a joint press conference in Abuja on August 31, 2018 and former vice-President Atiku Abubakar (R). 
    Paragraphs
     Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari (L) speaking during a joint press conference in Abuja on August 31, 2018 and former vice-President Atiku Abubakar (R). 

    Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari (L) speaking during a joint press conference in Abuja on August 31, 2018 and former vice-President Atiku Abubakar (R). 

    ABUJA, Nigeria - Nigeria's President Muhammadu Buhari on Friday sought to calm fears about election security, promising voters they would be able to cast their ballots in safety.

    "Do not be afraid of rumours of violence and unrest. Our security agencies have worked diligently to ensure that adequate security measures are in place," he said.

    READ: Nigeria presidential election postponed by a week

    "You will be able to vote in an atmosphere of openness and peace, devoid of fear from threat or intimidation," he added in a televised address.

    Buhari is seeking a second term of office on Saturday, but is facing a strong challenge from the main opposition candidate, former vice-president Atiku Abubakar.

    Previous elections have been hit by violence since the country returned to civilian rule in 1999 after decades of military government.

    But tensions have increased since last Saturday when the electoral commission postponed the vote just hours before polling citing logistical difficulties.

    Buhari's ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) and the main opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) have accused the other of conspiring with the commission to rig the result.

    Abubakar said Buhari was paying "lip service" to democracy after he revealed he had ordered security services to be "ruthless" with vote-riggers and ballot snatchers.

    His opponent said the order -- which won the backing of the army -- was a "threat" and a "recipe for a crisis", while others said he was encouraging violence.

    READ: Several dead in Buhari rally stampede in Nigeria 

    Just over 84 million people have been registered to vote on Saturday. Parliamentary elections will be held at the same time. Governorship and state assembly polls follow on March 9.

    Abubakar said he is hoping for a repeat of 2015, when the opposition voted out the president for the first time in Nigeria's history.

    Read more »